Friday, September 11, 2015

Cafe Batavia, J'adore!

Yesterday me and Indri had no class since my campus held senior graduation. I think it was the wanted day. Lol. In the afternoon, Indri said, "Let's go to Kota Tua!" I agreed and at 4:30 pm we arrived there. As simple as that? Yes! It's super easy for us to explore new place because things we need to do are just paying for the commuter line and hunting some photographs. The rests, we'll think about it later. If we're hungry we can grab any breads or snacks. People have different ways to create happiness and it is our way.

We only planned to stroll around Kota Tua as well as do fashion photography. As usual, we didn't want to make our trip useless. Actually it's a tip for you, guys! If you go to good places, don't just do selfie because people will not know and believe where you are. Thus, the right styling is very important. Remember, good place and matched costume contribute a good picture. Basically we need to have concept before doing photography. So, before me and Indri went to Kota Tua, we did quick review through instagram and decided to have bright colour in our outfit to pop up the old place. In addition, we planned Cafe Batavia as our background since we thought it was the most eye catching building. 

Honestly it was my first time to come to Kota Tua. When I arrived there, my feet directly stepped to Cafe Batavia's entrance and a waiter suddenly opened the door for me. I came in. Indri was behind me. I knew what was in her head, but she never came in before and so did I. Perfect! 'We'll never know, unless we dare to try'. The waiter offered me the non smoking area and the smoking area. For sure I picked the non smoking one. Then, we went upstairs. 

Another waiter led us to a table for two people next to the window, exactly at the side of red-white flag outside.

Several minutes later, he came to us with the menu books. For a moment we were shocked when looking at the price list. Lol. Then we decided to order Shrimp Lumpia and Earl Grey Hot Tea.

Our orders were delivered one by one with some different waiters. The first waiter came bringing a cup and a jar of Earl Grey Tea and pouring the tea to the cup. Then he left. The second one, brought only plates, forks, and sauce. Finally, the last waiter came and said, "this is you Shrimp Lumpia." Yeay! I thank him and he replied it.
I was feeling like in France. Listening to the classic song and enjoying a cup of Earl Grey Tea was 'très parisienne'. 


The Shrimp Lumpia was so perfect. The lumpia was full of fresh crispy deluxe shrimps. It wasn't too salty and wasn't too plain. I WILL come back to this place for this food again in another chance, insyaAllah.


It was too delicious that I forgot to use my fork. lol.

When I was there, I really didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay longer. Then, true, I went home with feeling like.. how warm that place was. I felt like I had found a 'place'. I think, I fall in love with that place..

No comments:

Post a Comment